AFCAT Exam Pattern
AFCAT Examination Pattern 2016 Air Force Common Admission T
AFCAT Examination Pattern 2016
Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is the examination inviting application from all the male and female candidates of the Nation. The examination is conducted as per the Citizenship Act 1955 for the courses commencing in July 2016 for grant of SSC (Short Service Commission) in “Flying Branch and Permanent/ Short Service Commission in Technical and Ground Duty branches.
The AFCAT Examination is scheduled on 21st February, 2016. The application procedure starts from 05th December, 2015 and will be closed from 31st December, 2015. The course for the same will commence from January, 2017. The details regarding the examination pattern are given below-
Examination Pattern (AFCAT 2016):
There will be 100 questions in total. For every right answer, the candidates will be offered three marks and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
The Duration of the examination is two hours.
There will be Four Sections in the question paper-
1) General Awareness,
2) Verbal Ability,
3) Numerical Ability,
5) Aptitude Test
Scheme of Syllabus (AFCAT 2016):
1) General Awareness – Politics, Current Affairs, Culture, Art, Defence, Basic Science, Civics, Environment, Geography, Sports, History etc.
2) Verbal Ability in English – Antonyms, Testing of Vocabulary, Synonyms, Sentence Completion, Error Detection and Comprehension.
3) Numerical Ability – Simple Interest, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Average, Simplification and Decimal Fraction.
4) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test – Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
Scheme of Syllabus (EKT 2016 – Technical Branch):
EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) is the examination aimed at testing the basic knowledge of engineering required for the technical branch. Technical branch includes course of Aeronautical Engineering (Electrical and Mechanical). This examination is pitched at pre- final to final year engineering level. Total 75 Objective type questions will be asked in the examination and the duration is 01 hour.
The pattern of examination includes two parts –
1) General Engineering (40 questions) – Modern Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computers, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical Engineering and
2) Specialist Paper for each Engineering discipline (35 questions) – Computer and Electronics, Mechanical, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering and Aeronautical Engineering (Mechanical)
Comments - Review
- Vacancy in RPSC/Last date:15-Mar
- Vacancy in Jadavpur University/Last date:01-Mar
- Vacancy in Government of Chhattisgarh/Last date:29-Feb
- Vacancy in CGCRI/Last date:25-Feb
- Vacancy in Canara Bank/Last date:19-Mar
- Vacancy in Burdwan University/Last date:29-Feb
- Vacancy in Calcutta University/Last date:07-Mar
- Vacancy in BHEL/Last date:01-Mar
- Vacancy in ESIC Bangalore/Last date:20-Feb