IAS Exam Pattern
Get the information about the IAS exam pattern 2013-2014 det
Get the information about the IAS exam pattern 2013-2014 details.
At sarkariexam we will try to find out the exam pattern for IAS Exam which will help you to prepare for the exam and get the best success.
IAS Exam Pattern Structure 2012-2013
Basically IAS exam has the following structure but we urge candidates to get ensure from the IAS prospectus or from official website before starting the preparation.
Preliminary Examination (CSP)
Paper I – (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography
of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System,
Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
• Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development,
Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate
Change – that do not require subject specialization
• General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude
etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data
sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level
(last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from
English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question
• The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Main examination has two optional subjects (two papers each carries 300 marks), one General Studies (two papers each carries 300 marks), one essay (carries 200 marks) – total 2000 marks.
Optional Subjects for the Main Examination:Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy, Economics, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Geology, History, Law, Management, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Statistics, Zoology. Each paper is of 3 hours duration.
Students must ensure all the details from the official website.
Official website of IAS:www.upsc.gov.in/
Candidates can also bookmark this page using control+D and can also receive SMS on their mobile by sending SMS Join Sarkariexam to 58247 and get instant details on their mobile.
Best of Luck for your IAS exam.
Comments - Review
Job Update by SMS
Job Alert on Mobile
On SarkariexamAlert to
- Vacancy in MAHAGENCO/Last date:17-Oct
- Vacancy in Adilabad District Co-Operative Central Bank/Last date:19-Oct
- Vacancy in Mahatma Gandhi University/Last date:17-Oct
- Vacancy in Gujarat Metro Rail/Last date:27-Oct
- Vacancy in RMLH/Last date:20-Oct
- Vacancy in Hindustan Paper Corporation/Last date:27-Oct
- Vacancy in PFC/Last date:26-Oct
- Vacancy in Lakshadweep Administration/Last date:02-Nov
- Vacancy in UPSC/Last date:29-Oct
- Vacancy in NTPC/Last date:07-Nov
- Vacancy in TNPSC/Last date:11-Nov
- Vacancy in SAIL/Last date:09-Nov